CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Baby Stuff

I recently made some extra cash by sewing a few receiving blankets for a friend of a friend.

I made this diaper cake a month or so ago for my stepmom's niece. It was the first one I had ever made and I had a lot of fun doing it. Forgive the picture. I had already packed it to ship and then realized I forgot to take a picture so I took it out of the box in a hurry, put it together, and took a picture. The blanket it is on is a receiving blanket I made to match the cake and serve as a base as well.

Lastly, a few different types of baby slings! I loved making these. The pictures aren't the greatest to show off the sling but I wasn't sure how to do it. The first is more of a tube style. It is safe and isn't like the ones that have been recalled. It holds the baby close and you can hold them different ways as they grow from against your stomach or chest to on your hip or back. It is also reversible!
The second sling I made for my friend Melanie (I borrowed one of your FB pics Mel). It is called a ring sling and is either one thick piece of fabric or two thinner pieces (like Mel's, making it reversible). You can adjust this sling so that almost anyone can wear it. It is also able to be used several different ways as the baby grows.

 Slings are $50
Flannel Receiving blanets (large, and GREAT for swaddling) are 3 for $25
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment